Prior to arrival
- Familiarise yourself with the guidance set-out in these guidelines
- Wear a facemask while you are in the swimming building. Blue over shoes must be used by all attending.
- Complete the medical questionnaire and have it returned at least 48 hours before your lesson.
- If you are in a high-risk group do not attend.
- If you are unable to meet the guidance requirements, e.g. can not attend without bringing other siblings (not on lessons) do not attend.
- We will have flotation equipment available and will regularly sanitize it.
- Please use the toilet at home or other venue prior to arrival, as there is limited toilet facilities at the pool (disabled changing room ), and the use of the toilet imposes additional risk of Covid transmission.
- Children will need to be “swim ready”, they will need to have their swim-wear on already underneath their other clothes, as there will be no facility at the pool to change into swim-wear.
- Only one parent / guardian should attend with children being taught, where possible, to reduce congestion at the pool-side and reduce risk of cross-contamination.
Other siblings not having lessons should not attend.
- Payment is required ( bank transfer only ) in advance, no cash will be taken or payments on pool-side.
- You will be required to wait outside of the pool building, adhering to social distancing markers on the floor, until a staff member can invite you all in at the prescribed time.
- Please do not arrive too early, especially in inclement weather, to reduce any risk of contamination from others.
- You will not have the use of the usual main changing rooms and these will be locked. You will access the pool building by Fire Exit A ( please see attached pictorial ).
- We will be operating a one-way system to avoid cross-over points, ( please refer to the attached pictorial ).
- Once you have entered the pool building you will then proceed to the reception Point B ( please see attached pictorial ), where track and trace details will be taken quickly whilst you sanitize your hands with the sanitizer and put on over-shoes ( provided ).
- You will then move to the left and, taking with you any flotation aid required, proceed to the Disrobing Area C ( please see attached pictorial ), where your child can be fitted with their flotation aid by yourself, if necessary, and prepared for their swimming lesson.
- When directed by a staff member the children will then take up their position on the pool side ready to begin their lesson.
During the Lesson
- Once lessons have commenced, and the Point D ( please see attached pictorial ), has been sanitized, you will be prompted to collect all belongings and proceed to Point D ( please see attached pictorial ), at the other side of the pool, maintaining social distancing at all times.
- The lesson will be 25 minute duration to allow for a period of cleaning of touch-points at cross-over of lessons.
- On the first lesson the children will be given a brief talk from their teacher on social distancing.
- Teachers will be, in accordance with guidance from Swim England, teaching from outside of the pool, they will only enter the water in an emergency situation.
Once the lesson has finished
- There will be a limited number of pop-up tents, Point E ( please see attached pictorial ), to allow some privacy for children wishing to undress from their swim-wear, however, we would ask that these are only used as an exception rather than the rule to reduce further any risk of cross-contamination.
- Upon leaving the pool you will be asked to towel dry your child and to either, dress them in a warm dressing gown / onesie or warm tracksuit type clothing to go home in. We will not have a tent for everyone, but appreciate some children may prefer a little more privacy.
- If you wish to remove wet swim-wear from your child on the pool-side, please respect others and our Child Protection Policy by keeping them covered at all times.
- Parents / Guardians and children will now leave the building through the other Fire Exit Point F (see attached pictorial).
Note: There is a ramp from this exit door please take care
We will operating only two classes with a maximum of two teachers (we will be only teaching from the poolside) and the class will be smaller than usual, lessons will be 25 minutes long.
The above guidance and protocols support “best practice” and re-enforce the current guidance from Swim England and Public Health England. I continue to monitor further changes in restrictions and the situation as it progresses on a day to day basis, I can re-assure all those attending that I have carried out a Risk Assessment, available upon request, and protocols have been put in place to reduce any risk to a minimum.